The WFG is now officially CMP certified and will begin hosting its first CMP sanctioned events. Several of our Vintage Military Rifle Shoots will be sanctioned CMP shoots each year. The promotion of gun safety and marksmanship is the primary role of the CMP. After shooting in as little as one match, you will be certified to purchase an M1 Garand – direct from CMP. For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the CMP:
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. The CMP is a federally chartered 501(c)(3) corporation that places its highest priority on serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills. Links on this page will lead you to more detailed information about the CMP and its programs.
Statutory mission. The federal law enacted in 1996 (Title 36 U. S. Code, 40701-40733) that created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, Inc. (CPRPFS, the formal legal name of the CMP) mandates these key functions for the corporation:
- To instruct citizens of the United States in marksmanship;
- To promote practice and safety in the use of firearms;
- To conduct competitions in the use of firearms and to award trophies, prizes, badges, and other insignia to competitors.
The law specifically states: In carrying out the Civilian Marksmanship Program, the corporation shall give priority to activities that benefit firearms safety, training, and competition for youth and that reach as many youth participants as possible.
WAYNESBORO FISH & GAME CMP MATCHES
The Waynesboro Fish and Game will hold a series of Vintage Military Rifle Matches and CMP Garand/Springfield/Vintage/Modern Military Matches throughout the year.
2021 CMP Schedule (updated quarterly)
April 3rd, 2021
July 3rd, 2021
November 2nd, 2021
GENERAL CMP MATCHES
Usually, two matches will be fired. The competitor may use the same rifle or shoot a 2nd rifle if desired. Match fees are $20.00 for each match score submitted to the CMP. If the competitor wishes to shoot a 2nd match and not submit the score to the CMP, the 2nd match fee will be $5.00. Sign up will begin at 8:0 am the morning of the match. A safety briefing and course of fire overview will begin at 8:45 am with firing commencing at 9:00am.
NRA SR-1 targets will be used and all firing will be at 100 yards. Each match takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. Because these matches have a rapid fire stage, rifles should be magazine or stripper clip fed and have a minimum capacity of 5 rounds. Two magazines or stripper clips are needed. Empty chamber indicators (ECIs)/ chamber flags are required and will be available for loan or purchase at a cost of $1.00 each. Ear and Eye protection are required. All participants must supply their own ammunition. Each match will require approximately 35 rounds. For detailed information on the CMP Garand/Springfield/Vintage/Modern Military Rules and allowable rifles see – https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CMPGamesRules.pdf
COURSE OF FIRE CMP MATCHES
- STAGE 1 – SLOW FIRE PRONE: A 3 minute preparation period followed by a 15 minute block time consisting of 5 slow fire sighting shots and 10 slow fire shots for record from the sling supporting prone position.
- STAGE 2 – RAPID FIRE PRONE: A 3 minute preparation period followed by 10 rounds rapid fire in 80 seconds from the prone sling supported position. The competitor will start from the standing position. When commence fire is announced, the competitor drops to the prone position, and if shooting an M1 Garand or AR-15, fires 2 rounds, performs a reload and then fires the remaining 8 rounds. Those using bolt actions will fire 5 rounds, reload and fire the remaining 5 rounds.
- STAGE 3 – SLOW FIRE STANDING: A 3 minute preparation period followed by 10 slow fire shots for record in 10 minutes from the standing/offhand position.
If you have questions regarding the CMP matches, please contact email@example.com